To use the Microsoft Office Icons (ImageMSO) Gallery, launch Excel then open the ImageMso.Gallery.xll file from Windows. This will register the Add-In in a new or existing Microsoft Excel session and open the ImageMSO Gallery dialog box. A
Microsoft Excel Security Notice
warning that There is no digital signature available
might appear. Click
Enable this add-in for this session only
Once the Add-In is registered with a Microsoft Excel session, the ImageMSO Gallery can subsequently be opened in the same session through the ribbon on the
tab > Icons
group > ImageMSO Gallery
Windows 8 Users
The Microsoft Office Icons (ImageMSO) Gallery requires the .NET Framework 2.0 which is not always enabled on Windows 8 but can be enabled through the
> Programs and Features
Turn Windows features on or off
> check .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
Right clicking or pressing the Alt-key in the ImageMSO Gallery dialog box will bring up the context menu.
The actions performed by each of the menu items are described as follows:
– Display the gallery with 32 x 32 pixel icons.
– Display the gallery with 16 x 16 pixel icons.
Filter names using keywords separated by spaces and keyword groups separated by commas entered in the text box. The filter matches names that contain
of the keywords of any
keyword group. For example, filtering by “x, y z” will yield names that contain “x”
names that contain “y” and
contain “z”. The filter is not case-sensitive
– Clears the filter and restores the view to show all icons.
Set the image size for Copy, Drag & Drop and Save actions. A preset size can be checked or a custom size between 16 x 16 pixels and 128 x 128 pixels can be entered in the combo box.
Copy as Image
Copy the highlighted and selected icon to the clipboard in the size chosen in the dimensions menu. The image is copied to the clipboard in Portable Network Graphic (PNG) format preserving the alpha channel transparency.
Copy as Text
Copy all selected icon names to the clipboard. Names are separated into new lines.
Select all icons in the current filtered or unfiltered view.
Export as Multi-Size
– Export each of the selected icons in all of the checked sizes to a single Windows Icon Image (ICO) file in the location to be specified in the folder browser dialog box. 16 x 16 pixel and 32 x 32 pixel sizes are checked by default.
Save as Image
– Save each of the selected icons in each of the checked formats in the location to be specified by the folder browser dialog box. Portable Network Graphics (PNG) is checked by default. Available image formats include:
Opaque Background Color
- Bitmap (BMP)
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG)
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)
- Windows Icon Image (ICO)
– Choose the background color for saving to image formats that don’t support alpha channel transparency.
Open a web browser window to this page.
Open the About dialog box which shows the Product, Version, Copyright and Description.
The current Assembly Version is 1.2.5099.21601.